Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Biosuit real-time character

Ottomotto
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Ottomotto polycounter lvl 5
Hi, just started working on this character to try and finally match industry quality stuff and learn a bunch of new stuff, hopefully end up with something good for my portfolio. I'm new to polycount so let me know about any conventions I should be keeping to. Also going to be trying a lot of new stuff so I'll probably be asking for a lot of advice. 
I'm roughly going to be working off this concept I did, probably gonna change some stuff, it was kinda rushed. But I do want to try and get the transformation effect working in real time, with Ue4 . I've done a few experiments with morph targets and a few other things so it seems mostly doable. 

Replies

• Ottomotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So far I've got the base sculpt for the head  started. I'm not that great at anatomy so crit is very much welcome. Still a bunch of rough bits to fix but the earlier I catch bigger stuff the better. 

• Ottomotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've done some more work on the face, a bit of feedback would be really helpful since I don't see anything else left to fix, which probably means somethings off. I'm probably going to retopo it now and then reproject from the high poly so I end up with a subdivide-able model. I'm planning on using texturing xyz textures for texturing, so if anyone has any tips or tutorials on those that would be a big help. Also tips on making the mouthbag would be cool. 

• Alemja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja hero character
    Ambitious project! Do you have someone in mind to base the face on? It would be a lot of help for crits.
  • Ottomotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not really, which is probably a mistake. I've been using a scan from 3d scan store for reference for some of the features, but not matching it in any way. Also looked at this https://www.artstation.com/artwork/dW2NA at the start but it wasn't the best reference because of the hair in the way and funny angles so I've sorta drifted away from it.  In hindsight I probably should have copied a person, but it is what it is.