PRS PRIVATE STOCK.....SOMETHING LIKE BRAD DELSON'S GUITAR

J.Henry

Hey, I was kind of wondering about the PRS Private stocks. How would it cost to get something like Brad Delson's (Linkin Park) Custom 24 with the guitar finish, art and all?
His guitar looks something like this: Any idea if PRS does custom guitar art like this? How much would it cost? I am willing to spend around $10k......

1243993934161_f.jpg
images
63604.jpg

Contact your local PRS dealer and spec out a Private Stock - they can definitely do it for you and your price doesn't seems more than workable.

Haha did you see my posts about those guitars on another forum? I pulled up those images recently and tossed them into a thread where someone was talking about those "Bullseye" Private Stocks. I really dig Delson's custom PRS they did for him a while back, I've always been tempted to order a PS with a similar finish but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. ;)

If you don't want anything special besides the finish, consider buying a regular Custom 24 and sending it to the PTC for a refin. I'd contact them first to see what they could do, but this would be a lot cheaper than a PS.

If you don't want anything special besides the finish, consider buying a regular Custom 24 and sending it to the PTC for a refin. I'd contact them first to see what they could do, but this would be a lot cheaper than a PS.

I'd certainly wager you can do this aesthetic much cheaper than going PS. PTC is where I'd start.

I'd be curious to see what the PTC's take would be on allowing something like that or not. If they're not willing to do refins in "Private Stock Finishes" but they're willing to do graphic stains, I'd be surprised (pleasantly, that is). :wink:

Brad Delson's Customs are probably still made with Honduran mahogany. Not as airy sounding as the current mahogany used on USA PRSi.

I'd certainly wager you can do this aesthetic much cheaper than going PS. PTC is where I'd start.

I got in contact with the PTC, they said that they do not do custom aesthetics. Best way would be through Private Stock....

As a huge Linkin Park Fan I hope that I‘ll be allowed to order a duplicate of the red soldier guitar some day.

So what is this PTC thing of which you speak?

Will they refinish any PRS or only super high end ones?

Back