First Build - Saurian Brandy Bottle

majorhavoc

Greetings. A couple of years ago I stumbled across a Dickle Powder Horn Bottle at a flea market for a whopping $2.00. The stopper was missing and the handle was badly deteriorated. I picked up a suitably sized leather belt (from the same flea market) for a stunning $.50 and I was off and running. I had an appropriately sized stopper in my beer/wine brewing arsenal so all that was needed was to turn a cap for the stopper on my trusty old ShopSmith ironically purchased from the very same flea market (about 15 years ago). The belt was formed into a new handle and was glued up and riveted. Yeah, I know, the original was stitched, oh well...the flea market rarely gets industrial sewing machines.. LOL. I also had to fabricate a new leather collar for the neck of the bottle. A piece of hobby leather from Michael's did the trick. I used a strip of the same leather to cover the raised printing on the side of the bottle. Additionally, I fabricated new links for the handle with brass rod stock. Masked and spray painted the whole thing with a orange/red spray paint (I think it was Krylon Red Pepper). While not entirely screen accurate, I was pretty happy with the results. I gifted the bottle to one of my brothers for Christmas. Now I'm on the lookout for another $2.00 Dickle bottle. :)

Not entirely screen accurate?

Yours...
first-build-saurian-brandy-bottle-saurian-brandy-2.jpg-143827d1361037748t

TOS...
saurian-brandy-journeytobabel.jpg

Looks pretty darned screen accurate to me.

Thank you for all the kind words. I have found a wonderful resource here and am amazed at the wide variety of interests and approaches. I don't have anything on the workbench right now though I am pondering a number of potential projects. Alas, so many props, so many more "honey do's", ;-)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back